B-Line Express has an immediate need for a VMWare Systems Engineer. This contract position is located on the client site in Bethesda, MD for the duration of 3 to 6 months.
- Setup, configure and deploy VMware-based systems for high-availability and efficiency, including vCenter, vSphere, and ESX v5.x.
- Migrate existing physical and virtual servers from Hyper-V to VMware-based vSphere/vCenter system
- Leverage virtualization capabilities to further automate systems management, analysis, and performance monitoring.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and administer storage environment (NetApp and Whiptail-based arrays) and administer network/CIFS shares, perform capacity planning, and work with stakeholders to better leverage the storage environment.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and administer data center hardware and servers including backups (Symantec NetBackup), AV (McAfee EPO), VTC systems, and terminal server(s) (Microsoft TS).
- Efficiently troubleshoot and problem-solve all technical issues relevant to supporting the Institutes’ IT infrastructure.
- Gather end-user environment information to guide desktop and application virtualization efforts.
- Provide higher-tier end-user support as necessary.
- Evaluate new information system products or services and suggests changes to existing products/services to better aide project parameters.
- Mentor, support and guide the support staff in day-to-day systems operations.
- Administrate user environment including Active Directory, GPOs, and related technologies.
- Serve as point-of-contact on client cross technical workgroups and liaise with client technical staff as necessary.
- Coordinate with customers and managers to verify proper procedures and mandates are being followed appropriately
- Work closely with Project Manager to develop: Systems manuals, SOPs, methodology and process wikis.
- Assess and anticipate infrastructure and technology projects and work with Project Manager to recommend appropriate action and resources.
- Work with Project Manager to evaluate and propose hardware/software/cloud-based solutions to accomplish the institute’s business objectives.
- Streamline and automate internal IT Team business processes
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong VMware core technology skills, including experience with VMware v5.x, vCenter, Application Virtualization, Desktop Virtualization.
- At least 5 years of experience in virtual infrastructure, including VMware and Hyper-V.
- Experience in managing, monitoring, deploying, and troubleshooting virtualized server and desktop/VDI environments.
- Demonstrate knowledge and extensive experience with enterprise technical environments, including Active Directory, IP, DNS, VLANS, InfoSec, and related technologies.
- Experience in enterprise SAN/storage environments, Ethernet, Fibre-Channel, LUN configuration, and storage provisioning services.
- Knowledge of enterprise-class backup and disaster recovery environments.
- Knowledge of cloud technology and hybrid cloud implementation a plus.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- VCP, ITIL and Microsoft certifications a plus.
For immediate consideration please send your resume directly to Hr@blinex.com. There is no relocation for this position.Those authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship will be considered. We are not able to sponsor at this time. B-Line Express is an EOE.